We are a group of nearly 3000 volunteers who work to save lives and strengthen communities in Syria. We rush to the scene of attacks to save the greatest number of lives in the shortest possible time and to minimize further injury to people and damage to property.
We are a neutral and impartial organisation. We do not to pledge allegiance to any political party or group. We serve all the people of Syria – we are from the people and we for the people.
Job Code: SCD-S-0002
Department : Supply chain officer
Report to : Supply chain Manager
The Supply Officer To carry out the procurement activities efficiently and effectively in order to get best value for money from all procurements of goods, services and works required for supporting operations and all other activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Procurement Planning and Support SCD in preparation of procurement plans.
- Consolidate procurement plans.
- Review procurements against actual procurements.
- Carrying out bidding processes and Prepare sourcing documents.
- Send out sourcing documents or advertise bidding procurements.
- Receive bids from suppliers and ensure bids are opened on time.
- Procurement evaluations and reviews.
- Ensure that bids undergo evaluation processes.
- Ensure Tender Committee review and consider approving all procurement process.
- Carry out block-party screening process on all suppliers at procurement stage.
- Clear all possible block party screening matches.
- Negotiations for savings and Negotiate with suppliers for discounts/better prices,
- Carrying out contract award and contract development activities
- Carry out contract management activities to ensure that goods, services and works are delivered according to the contracts.
- Create and update contracts database.
- Prepare and update contract performance reports.
- Expedite delivery of procured goods, services and works.
- Escalate any problematic contracts requiring intervention.
- Ensure that payments are initiated for delivered goods, services and works which have no issues.
- Ensure procurement audit trail is always available
- Ensure that audit issues are resolved with the recommended period
- Create effective filing system
- Ensure documents are filed properly where they can easily be accessible using the created filing system
- Monitor supply chain management activities and submitting their reports
- Representation, Networking and Collaboration
- Manage supplier relationship management
- Collaborate with all supply chain management stakeholders
- Training supply chain management stakeholders in procurement
- Doing further studies in supply chain management profession
- Creating innovations to improve supply chain management processes
- - Degree in Supply Chain Management or Procurement and Logistics Management, Business Administration or Finance
- - 3 years’ experience in supply chain management function in NGO
- - Negotiation and analytical skills
- - Experience in using computers (spreadsheets, data analysis, word processing, power point presentations)
- - Negotiation skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a CV, cover letter in English to [email protected] with the subject title and job code
Please Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by us.