Job Title: Advocacy, Media and Public Relations Director
Reporting to: CEO
Responsible for: Advocacy Manager, Media Manager, and Public Relations Manager
Duty Station: Gaziantep – Turkey
Develop the advocacy, media and public relations strategies for the Syrian civil defense, and maximize the impact of SCD activities on the beneficiaries, media and humanitarian actors around the World.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1- Lead the preparation and development of the SCD strategy and policy in public relations and communication and media speech.
2- Develop plans to implement the SCD strategy in the mentioned sectors and supervise the implementation of the plans.
3- Prepare all procedures in the Advocacy, Media and Public relations units of the SCD, and update the procedures if required.
4- Planning and supervising the media advocacy campaigns.
5- Coordination with external parties regarding promotional campaigns of the SCD.
6- Represent the SCD in conferences and all internal and external activities in coordination with line manager and board members.
7- Ensure consistency of all press releases and reports issued by the SCD with media speech and strategy.
8- Develop the relations of the SCD with all local, regional and international bodies.
9- Coordination and cooperation with the SCD partners to strengthen the relationship with them.
10- Coordination with media manager to manage and control the content of SCD website and Social networking pages.
11- To manage the training and development plans for advocacy and media team in cooperation with human resources Department.
12- Provide written contributions to weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as needed.
13- Any other duties assigned by the Line Manager.
• Relevant university degree in business administration, Media, or any relevant field, (Master degree is preferred).
• 5 years of Advocacy and Media and Public Relations work experience in Humanitarian Organisation.
• The ability to appear on media and deal with all kinds of media.
• Have a wide network of relations with the media, international governmental and non-governmental organizations.
• High skills in planning and organizing, in addition to leadership skills.
• Excellent verbal & oral communication skills in English and Arabic.
• Computer literate and competent with Microsoft office and other data management systems, as required.
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritise work to deadlines.
• Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
• Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
Legal Situation: The candidate should have a residence permit or work permit in Turkey.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please follow this link to apply: https://goo.gl/forms/mJSTnTiHbMx09hIj1
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017